Welcome to the Big Art Show, Paisley’s largest-ever open art exhibition.
Big Art Show, Paisley is a major exhibition project by Outspoken Arts Scotland and a volunteer team of professional visual artists, Art Paisley Ltd, working across the West of Scotland. It is a not-for-profit making charitable activity for the advancement of art, education and public benefit.
This new show for the area is a truly open, inclusive, and joyous initiative supporting visual artists and communities to participate in and enjoy the experience of coming together in fruitful purpose. The exhibition takes place in the landmark buildings of the former Paisley Co-operative & Manufacturing Society (1862). Built by hand-loom weavers to address the need for renewed industry and co-operation around textile manufacturing which was rapidly becoming mechanised and threatening labour, income, and social stability. This great period of industrial change and social upheaval reminds us all too well of the lessons of the last few years. This new art show for Paisley is a splendid example of people working together, in co-operation, bouncing back, post Covid-19 pandemic.
The Big Art Show, Paisley launched in 2022 it featured nearly 1000 artworks from all over the UK as well as work from Europe & Asia. Work accepted includes painting, drawing, photography, textiles, sculpture, ceramics, mixed media, installation art, digital, film, video and sound. Prizes are awarded. The show in 2023 runs for 80 days and most work is for sale. A full-colour souvenir catalogue is produced. Upwards of 10,000 visitors are expected.
The show is organised by Outspoken Arts Scotland Ltd, A Scottish Charity SC023620, in conjunction with Art Paisley Ltd, a panel of professional artists, who select the work and manage the volunteers who help hang the show. Art Paisley selectors will offer a number of Prizes and work closely with other arts organisations developing creative partnerships with upcoming talent.
- It is FREE to submit work for selection by our panel of assessors.
- You must register your email address with this Artcall site https://bigartshow2023.artcall.org/ to make an entry.
- You can submit up to 6 pieces of art for consideration. Not all works may be accepted.
- We accept work in any artform or medium and from anyone aged 8+.
- Submission Guidance at this link Entry Conditions
- The Exhibition will open to the public on 31st August 2023.
- The venue is The Art Department, Paisley, United Kingdom PA1 1UQ.
- Hand-in starts Mon 17th July to Sat 29th July 2023. Hand-in times will be emailed to selected artists.
- Artwork may be for Sale and our commission is 25%+VAT.
- Selected works will pay a hanging fee of £10 per picture or piece. Payable on arrival at the hand-in. Cash or cards accepted.
- Artwork should be framed and be either strung or have mirror plates for hanging. click here for an example.
- Enquiries or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 0141 847 1122 during office hours.