- This event has passed.
27/10/2022 @ 6:00 pm - 29/10/2022 @ 8:30 pm
Grab your cape and gather your superpowers for a thrilling Halloween experience like no other in Paisley’s historic town centre on Thursday 27 – Saturday 29 October.
Workshops @ The Art Department, 6-9pm, see programme below.
Superhero-inspired kids’ workshops and a character meet ‘n’ greet at the Paisley Centre’s The Art Department
Programme: all from 6-9pm
Atelier Eva Art will offer three different designs/workshops. Halloween key-rings/hanging decorations, “trick or treat” bags and bunting. We want to make it interesting for boys and girls. Sewing, colouring and drawing will be involved.
Paria Goodarzi – Halloween Tote Bags. Suitable ages 5-12, personalise own colourful and fun Tote-bag; experimenting with stencils, print-making, using luminous acrylic paints. Activity takes 10-15 minutes.
Susie Rodgers Millinery, Workshop 1, Thursday 27th October – Make a Felt Sugar Skull Decoration
Age: 6+. Inspired by the Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ celebrations learn to make sugar skull decorations from white felt. Skulls can either be decorated by embroidery or by drawing with fabric pens. Basic sewing skills required but can be shown at the workshop.
Susie Rodgers Millinery, Workshop 2, Friday 28th October – Make a Clothes Peg Mummy
Age: 4 – 7. Use wooden clothes peg to transform them into mummy’s by wrapping them with strips of white felt and finishing them off with a pair of googly eyes. (20 minutes)
Susie Rodgers Millinery, Workshop 3, Saturday 29th October – Make Felt Halloween Decorations
Age 6+. Decorate your homes for Halloween with cute little felt pumpkins, ghosts or bats. Stitched onto felt or drawn on using fabric pens. Basic sewing skills required but can be shown at the workshop. (20–30 minutes)
Pottle Jewellery. Create your own mythical Halloween Creature. Build your own spooky mythical creature using different body parts. Vampire fangs? Werewolf tail? What will you create? Ages 3-9 years
Mariam Syed Thu 27 & Fri 28 Oct only – Weave a Pumpkin
Age 5-12 years. Join us for a fun evening weaving your very own pumpkin. Learn a traditional skill and take home your Halloween decoration to hang. No previous experience is needed. All materials and equipment is provided.
Marion Gardyne Saturday 29th Oct ONLY – Make Halloween Spooky
Age: 6+ Drop in on your broomstick and join me for a spooky, frightfully fun-filled Halloween Workshop and make some arty crafty things to take home with you. Mask making, spooky skeletons, dotty pumpkins, creepy scary spiders and spooky paper cut-outs of spiders, bones and skulls. Come in fancy dress if you wish. The scarier the better. Aaaaaaaaah!!
Meet the Superheros: Performance times: 6.15pm; 7.15pm & 8.15pm
Meet 6 super-hero character performers including Bumble bee, Wonder Woman, the Hulk, Batman, Spiderman & Captain America. 3 performances lasting 20-25mins each evening, followed by meet and greet.
Paisley Halloween Festival, one of the biggest and best, free Halloween events in the UK, will be back for three nights of electrifying live performances and spine-chilling installations all inspired by eminent heroes, myths and legends.
Between 6pm and 9pm each night, the streets around Paisley Abbey will come alive with creeping spiders, other-worldly beings, a fire-breathing dragon and flying caped crusaders; all engaged in an exhilarating battle of good versus evil.
Part of Scotland’s Year of Stories, supported by EventScotland’s National Events Programme, this year’s spooktacular promises street performances, aerial acrobatics, stunning bespoke installations and frightfully good fun for all the family.
This year’s not-to-be-missed festival highlights include;
- Sprawling spider’s lair, complete with luminous eggs and giant arachnid. Enter if you dare…
- Perilous rooftop battle of good vs evil choreographed by the aerial-experts, All or Nothing
- Interactive fire laboratory experience, overseen by the madcap Dr Kronovator
- Trick or treaters beware, Bessemer the dragon is looking for revellers to purify with fire…
- Giant, hypnotic digital faces floating ethereally around the town
- An invasion of the extra-terrestrial kind…just be sure to look up in Abbey Close, they’ll be watching you!
- Cult-inspired dance performance by the award-winning ‘creatures’ at Megahertz
- Tarot card inspired installation created by local young people and their everyday heroes
- The return of Festival-faves Spark! LED drummers and the flame-throwing PyroCeltica
- Superhero-inspired kids’ workshops and a character meet ‘n’ greet at the Paisley Centre’s The Art Department
- Devilishly tasty treats including mallow-pits, churros and hot chocolate. Mmm!
- Creepy carnival rides, spoken word projections, choir performances and loads more trick or treat family fun!
Keep up to date with all the festival latest by following us on Facebook or Paisley Halloween Festival on Instagram.