Welcome to the Big Art Show, Paisley.
The Big Art Show, Paisley is a large-scale public exhibition that opens on Friday 26th August at 6pm.
Entry is FREE – Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10am-4pm. The show closes at 4pm on Sat 26th November 2022.
Welcome to the Big Art Show, Paisley’s largest ever open art exhibition. […]
An opening song by Edugie Clare Robertson and artwork by Dominic Snyder […]
Foreword by Rowena Comrie PPAI, Eòghann MacColl, Jamie McAteer & Olivia Turner […]
A brief history of the former Co-op building […]
information on selectors and exhibition organisers […]
A-Z List of Artists appearing in the Big Art Show 2022 […]
Featured Artists displaying Art in the Windows […]
A selection of work by members of the Society of Scottish Artists […]
Big Art Show Exhibition Catalogue 2022 […]
Price List for artworks on sale in the Big Art Show Exhibition […]
- The Paisley Shopping Centre ‘Best in Exhibition’ Prize sponsored by The Paisley Shopping Centre – £1000
- The Paisley.is Prize for best work featuring an aspect of Paisley – £500
- Independent Financial Advice Centre (Glasgow) Limited – £300
- Society of Scottish Artists & Outspoken Arts prize plus 1 year’s SSA membership – £200
- The Henderson Property Prize – £200
- Sadie Sheppard Memorial prize donated by Nancy Docherty for best landscape – £200
- Outspoken Arts Scotland prize for Digital Art – £150
- Made in Paisley Prize – £150
- Art Paisley Prize for outstanding work – £100
- Duais a’ chon mhòir (The Big Dog Prize) for an artist under 25yrs – £100
- Donated by Moe Rocksmoore: Cass Art voucher to a young/ school-age artist – £50
The exhibition will take place in a large, open-plan, white-walled, space within a former department store and may be exhibited over several floors. The doors will open to public visitors from 26th August and the exhibition will run Tue-Sat, 10am-4pm daily. We expect most artworks to be for sale.
Big Art Show, Paisley is a major exhibition project by Outspoken Arts Scotland and a volunteer team of professional visual artists working across the West of Scotland. It is a not-for-profit making charitable activity for the advancement of art, education and public benefit.
The Exhibition is housed in a former four floor department store in the Paisley Centre which is 56,000 sqft. Left in pristine condition by Allders, (Co-op) the grand building was once home of the Paisley Co-operative Society, now the Co-op Group plc. This huge department store offers 3 massive open plan exhibition floors, with white walls, brand new bright white LED lighting throughout. The store has been rebranded as THE ART DEPARTMENT and developed as a temporary arts centre for 2 years by Outspoken Arts in partnership with PACE Theatre Company and a number of partner art organisations and local exhibitors.
The space offers
- A social Engagement Space foyer for meetings, sofa talks and relaxing.
- A Creative Learning Suite for up to 30 participants.
- 16 large Window Displays averaging between 3-5m wide. (7 street facing)
- Generous ceiling height throughout at 2.8m.
- A multi-screen Video Wall for small screens.
The Big Art Show programme will include
- 93 days of exhibition.
- 12 weeks of creative learning activities, twice-weekly classes in a number of disciplines.
- Up to 36 days for Schools visits.
- Awards & Prizes for artists and work of merit.
- Large opening party for up to 500 guests.
- Volunteering opportunities for local people.