WRITTEN BY JO CLIFFORD
DIRECTED BY SUSAN WORSFOLD
Image: Aly Wright
Exactly ten years on from her explosive and controversial premiere at the Tron in 2009, join Queen Jesus for a revolutionary queer ritual in which bread is shared, wine is drunk and familiar stories are reimagined by a transgender Jesus. This unique show combines theatre with storytelling and ritual in a way that, according to one audience member, ‘leaves everyone feeling blessed’.
Celebrated and award-winning. The Gospel has had an incredible journey over the last decade, touring globally and inspiring a Brazilian production at the epicentre of the county’s struggles against bigotry.
‘A moving. profound and quite brilliantly executed … piece of theatre’.***** All Edinburgh Theatre
- THU 31 OCT – SAT 2 NOV. 7.45PM. [£11) booking opens 1 Aug
- Signed performance: FRI 1 Nov
- TRON THEATRE, 63 TRONGATE, GLASGOW G1 5HB
- LINKED TICKET DEAL
- BUY 1 TICKET FOR ‘O EVANGELHD SEGUNDO JESUS, RAIHNA DO CEU’
- AND ‘THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JESUS, QUEEN OF HEAVEN’ FOR £27 [£19.80]
Presented by Queen Jesus Productions, Supported by Creative Scotland and British Council.